Friday 31 July 2015

WHY HE WILL CHANGE




God we all know as an unchangeable changer. Before now I’ve always found myself thinking badly on this matter and I kept on asking myself some questions.

Comparing the Old Testament with New Testament, the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and so on looks totally different to the God of the New Testament yet he doesn’t change.

But he changed from been a consuming fire to a merciful comforter, he seems silent now than before, corruption everywhere, wickedness even in the gathering of believers, unhealthy competitions in the church, stealing, cheating and lying, all this seems like things the Holy one of Israel can’t take, you can’t do evil and pass a day not hearing from the Lord of host.

So what changed if God doesn’t change? I got my answer from the word for today devotional that God doesn’t change but he moves.

Move according to the dictionary is a change in position from one point to another. Movement is a change in direction not person, he did not change but his style changed, and he made a move from instant punishment to postponed and gradual punishment. He moved from counting your sins to not counting them, from taking sacrifices to making the greatest sacrifice for you.

Why he will change, I don’t know but why he won’t I am sure of, because he is God, same today yesterday and tomorrow. Your ways can’t change him, get more rotten in sin than you are already, that won’t change him, but he can move, what move he would make you can’t tell or say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment here....